Re: Does this effect exist?

I have several delays that will do something like this, an old Ibanez DD, a Digitech Digidelay, even my Boss DD 20 but not quite what your thinking perhaps. My Korg AX 3000G has a "Freeze" delay when you step on the contol pedal it very nicely repeats whatever you had been playing. Unfortunately when this is engagd no direct sound will be output so you can't play over it! The Korg also has a "hold" delay but when you hold the sound it continues to input the direct sound into the held mix until it just overloads. It seems the Lexicon Vortex could do somthing like this very well but it's been awhile.

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:38 PM
Subject: RE: Does this effect exist?

Just today i heard the Electro Harmonix "cathedral" reverb and it has a very cool hold function..

Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:41:45 -0700
Subject: Does this effect exist?
From: wsirota@wsdesigns.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

I feel it would be useful to have a "freeze" effect that, while a footswitch was held down, would seamlessly loop the previous n milliseconds of sound (with n probably between 150 and 400 or so). This is perhaps for a solo jazz guitar context, but there certainly are other applications. So if i had a note that i was playing that I wanted to sustain while I drop in say, a couple of filler chords, i could hit the button and hold it down to do this (and, obviously, the chords would *not* be input to the freeze function). I don't know what you'd call this - "fingerless infinite sustain"? Anyway, maybe this is doable with one of the reverbs I have, or maybe there's some kind of dedicated effect. any ideas?

Thanks,
Warren