Video from our LA shared bill with GE Stinson

As many know Daryl and I did a series of Chinapainting shows last week and weekend in California centered around Loopfest which has become an annual deal for us.  This was our 6th Chinapainting mini tour since the duo's beginning in 2006 I'm proud to say.

Last Sunday evening we had the honor of doing a shared bill with G.E. Stinson and Steuart Liebig.  G.E. was founder of the World/Fusion/Free Jazz ensemble Shadowfax and among his projects these days works with Nels Cline.  His duo partner in the evening set was contrabassist Steuart Liebig who he has long time worked with as well.  They did a really great set of tour de force pedal infused (I'd say about 60 pedals between them) experimental non guitar like stuff on guitars (a Jerry Jones 12-string) complete with many prepared manipulations of torture on their guitar and contrabass's.  I shot the set and wanted to pass along to the list.

http://www.vimeo.com/7209064

The video of the Chinapainting set from the evening is coming.  I've been fighting with what appears to be a corrupt segment in the file in a piece I'd really like to save but will be posting soon regardless.  The LA venue by the way was in Venice at Beyond Baroque.

In lui of our video for the moment there are some excellent still images from the evening documented by LA friend and somewhat fan since the mP3.com days Andy Schmidt.  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=119250&id=760098248&l=64bf73c786.

There are pix as well from my set at Loopfest that many have probably already seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=119104&id=760098248&l=6345a2ce6d.  For Loopfest this year Daryl and I broke tradition and each did a solo set with a duo piece as a segue.  We also appeared in Sacramento the night before Loopfest at Norcal Noisefest which was really great.  It was so cool to see many of you at Loopfest this year - Rick did his usual stellar job in orchestrating except I think he was even more stellar this year!

Good weekend

Jim

--
ReUse, an introspective textural aural