Re: AW: i-mac

Hello Luis

L.Angulo schrieb:
> i wanted to ask you people how powerful his new imacs are for recording
> thinking about getting one as well

I would not recommend an imac due to a simple physical reason: recording
requires to attach different additional gear (interfaces,
harddrives,...); it would not be very lucky when the connectors are
placed at the rearside of your monitor. All the cool styling will be
lost when all the cabling lianas will hang from the monitor.

Also the position of the DVD/CD drive is not very lucky for a musicians
workplace. At least at my studio, the monitor is placed a top of the
mixing console and behind a masterkeyboard. It is around four feet away
from me - I imagine it to be quite annoying to handle the disk drive
when burning my daily audio CD (ok, maybe I am oldfashioned).

I don't know whether the imac can be noisy due to ventilation sounds;
but if it would, I would be close to impossible to keep away the noise
from a microphone if you record inside the control room.

To my opinion a separated computer - let it be a mac mini or a closed
mac book (which is what I use) with an external monitor is more suited
for a recording studio

Florian