Re: eigenharp roadshow

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Os <os@collective.co.uk> wrote:
> Let me know if anyone has any questions you'd like me to ask.

At second thought I think this would be the most interesting question:

It would be great if there will be someone at the Eigenharp Roadshow
that has practiced playing the instrument with a twelve tone scale
setting, as opposed to the "pre fixed" scales demonstrated in the
videos. Maybe someone has explored alternative chromatic fingerings as
a tool to play different "harmonic key scales with instant
out-of-key-note access"? If you could ask this person what "the feel
is" to play it that way? How smoothly can one run through harmonic
melodies according to a scale and throw in out-of-key notes
spontaneously?

I mean, on a guitar this is very smooth because (harmonic) keys can be
viewed as patterns on the neck while you would still have instant
access to any note outside the actual key's pattern, on a piano it is
sort of "middle ground" because of white and black keys differing in
weight and positioning while on a clarinet each (harmonic) key needs
learning a new pattern. I would guess the Eigenharp can be used
similar to an EWI in this regard: learning to play scales within a 12
note chromatic fingering pattern and eventually simply transpose the
pitch of the entire instrument? And also: learning many alternative
chromatic fingerings that can all be used as the basis to play scales
for different keys so you can then chose your fingering pattern
depending on what melodies you intend to play and simply hit the
correct sounding key by transposing the entire instrument's pitch
accordingly.

Has someone explored this on the Eigenharp?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com