From: scott hansen <evanpeewee@yahoo.com>
Subject: dd3 v. #1 Echo
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

well, i can't speak directly to this-
i just looked up the the e-h #1 echo and on m-f.com it says it has 2 sec of delay.

i have a boss dd7, and the delay goes up to 6.something sec---and i'm not sure if
i'm a huge fan of the supposed "6 sec", b/c to get the 6 sec you have to use the stereo
out jack--so it's kind of a screwy thing-in my estimation.
but i do use the 3.2 sec of delay a lot for my looping and you can get infinate delays going and modulate it to mess up the time etc....the thing w/ it w/ the level all the way up, it gets noisy FAST! but that can be good or bad....

i don't remember what the dd3 had for max time, it seems each subsequent boss dd pedal added a bit longer of delay option, the dd6 had up to 5 sec of delay or something.
useful at times.
of course the dd7 has the sound on sound options for 40 sec, which i've used a bit, but not much.
a bit of info--not sure if it helps you....i'm most curious about the digitech hardware dl8 pedal--i would much prefer using 8 sec of delay than what the dd7 offers, and when i was looking at pedals a yr ago, i got to try the dd7 at the local GtrCntr so decided to stick w/ that...i didn't get to play w/ the digitech dl8 much there.....
oh well...as they say: happy hunting....
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen