Re: dd3 v. #1 Echo

scott hansen wrote:
> well, i can't speak directly to this-
> i just looked up the the e-h #1 echo and on m-f.com it says it has 2 sec
> of delay.
>
> i have a boss dd7, and the delay goes up to 6.something sec---and i'm
> not sure if
> i'm a huge fan of the supposed "6 sec", b/c to get the 6 sec you have to
> use the stereo
> out jack--so it's kind of a screwy thing-in my estimation.
> but i do use the 3.2 sec of delay a lot for my looping and you can get
> infinate delays going and modulate it to mess up the time etc....the
> thing w/ it w/ the level all the way up, it gets noisy FAST! but that
> can be good or bad....
>
> i don't remember what the dd3 had for max time, it seems each subsequent
> boss dd pedal added a bit longer of delay option, the dd6 had up to 5
> sec of delay or something.
> useful at times.
> of course the dd7 has the sound on sound options for 40 sec, which i've
> used a bit, but not much.
> a bit of info--not sure if it helps you....i'm most curious about the
> digitech hardware dl8 pedal--i would much prefer using 8 sec of delay
> than what the dd7 offers, and when i was looking at pedals a yr ago, i
> got to try the dd7 at the local GtrCntr so decided to stick w/ that...i
> didn't get to play w/ the digitech dl8 much there.....
> oh well...as they say: happy hunting....
> s---
> www.myspace.com/scotthansen

I bought a DL8 a few months ago as a sort-of replacement for an old
Digitech Time Machine which has blown its power supply (anyone out there
in the UK able to fix this???).
It kindof does what it says on the tin, but it's a disappointment.
Yes, up to 8secs straight delay (can be tap-tempo'd), up to 20sec
loop/overdub, various fashionable effects such as tape emulation,
reverse echo etc, but some weird quirks like turning the feedback to max
cuts the delay record! And trying to use the stereo out gives a
ping-pong echo with half the stated delay time on one channel.
A useful pedal, good value for money, but try before you buy; at Digital
Village where I bought mine this wasn't possible!!

Dave Draper