Re: OT: zen for beginners

On Nov 24, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Raul Bonell wrote:

may you point me to some good starter Zen book for a young person, an intelligent teenager near 18? easy to understand and adapted to the actual days?

I would go with  Alan Watt's -- give both The Book and The Way of Zen as a combo perhaps. Classics, especially for their humor and enthusiasm.  Likely available in Spanish.

More scholarly but still readable is the short monograph What is Zen? by R.H. Blyth which is actually volume 1 of his  Zen & Zen Classics. Not sure about availability of that in Spanish.

regards

BobC