Re: Pitch transposer for retuning?

Florian Anwander wrote:
> I owned once a dhp33 and had a dhp55 and also a Evetide DSP4000 at that
> time for testing, so I could compare. Today I own a digitech TSR24S. If
> you use the algorithm for narrow shifting (don't know its name at the
> moment), then all the digitechs have an astonishing quality in pitch
> shifting - for sure comparable to the Eventide.
> I also remember the DHP-Series to have a very remarkable algorithm for
> wider shiftings; this algorithm had the slight disadvantage, that it had
> a very short delay, which might disturb the guitar player because the
> sound does fit to the feeling in your finger tips. But for sure not
> audible for the audience. The TSR24 is not that good in wider shifts.

Yeah, I actually have two TSR24's (one with Dieter's PPC module), but
haven't had it hooked up in front of my rig.
I'm using one input and two outputs for effects in a S/R loop, and would
use the other input and one aux output for stacking-up a clean channel
in parallel to my other preamp, an ADA MP-2.
With one aux output left over, this means I can actually plug the guitar
into the TSR (through a small preamp), route the remaining aux output as
input to my MP-2, and still use it to stack-up a clean channel.  Cute ;)

Though I really like the TSR24 pitch/harmonizing, I wouldn't say it's
Eventide quality, though by far good enough for my uses.
I just haven't tried using it for up/down-tuning a whole instrument,
though I believe it'll work. Algorithms are nicely fast, min timelag.

This setup will also allow pre-shaping filters, wah and digital whammy
before the preamp.  I feel the need for going geeky programming :D

Jeff Shirkey wrote:

 > Try the PitchFactor?

I wasn't aware it could do such things as well?  Are you sure?
It's quite a sexy compact lil'thing..

Christophe wrote:

 > This gizmo was mentioned the other day.  Don't know anyone who's tried
 > it but it looks interesting.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Morpheus-DropTune-Octave-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=583554

Interesting, thanks, had'n noticed.  Only drops though..

--
rgds,
van Sinn