Re: New videos from my very first two house concerts!!!

Hey Jason,
I like the songs, it just takes a long time to get to them...  this is a difficulty with song-form looping.  One guy who does it really well, imo, is Andrew Bird.  I heard him in Montreal earlier this year and I was quite impressed with how entertaining he is when layering parts.

For example in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRk2iHkOcNE
Notice, in the beginning of the song, how he's performing two parts at once, one is recorded (violin) and one is not (whistling).  The performance would not have been as enjoyable had he not done that...  You could've have done something similar in As one, loop guitar while singing and start your solo right away.  It doesn't necessarily add to the song, but it elevates the performance quite a bit.

more Andrew Bird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYwUVSUd3Ko
Again very good performance.  What works well here I think is the order in which he decides to loop the different parts, the way the layers play off each other.  This entertaining from the first note, there is no downtime... at no point does it feel like we're being taken out of the song for the necessity of looping a section.  It all fits nicely together as a whole and evolves from simple to complex.  Also notice how he throws in a bridge without recording any further loops (and a coda section by recording part of the bridge second time around and playing it back in reverse, no downtime).

anyhow, things to think about, as they say, mostly things your videos made me think of.
thanks for sharing and looking forward to hearing more of your playing

Sylvain