Re: programing liquid foot jr. midi footcontroller with EDP help!

L.Angulo wrote:
>> You'll have to re-program everything to CC , but I think
>> it'll
>> work.
>
> Hi Andy,
> Im testing the EDP first direct midi function called SUSRecord  note
>number 50 (36 + 14)

you mean CC number...right?

> and it does somehow respond but it erases the loop and then there is a
>dot next to the loop
> number on the EDP screen and all the parameter buttons are green,any
>idea what that means?

All green means a loop is playing.
The dot is AutoUndo.

So what you report indicates that you just recorded a very short loop.
Which is exactly what SUSRecord is intended to do.

>> The Liquid actually has a parameter to stop it responding
>> "too fast".
>> That's why you miss some button presses.
>> "Button Delay", p67 in the manual should fix this.
>
> unfortunately it doesnt,thats the first thing i set when
> i got it,in fact i have it to the lowest setting and it
> still happens,everything else gets faster thoguh like scrolling through
>banks etc.

that's bad,

>> Personally, I'd wanna check the latency on the buttons,
>> latency
>> tends to creep up as features are added, sometimes no-one
>> notices.
>
> yes that would be great but how can this be done??

create a drone loop in the EDP
Mute it.
Then un-Mute it using the controller.
That will give you a fair idea by ear.
To get accurate measurement you need to make a recording
to a stereo recording device.
One channel gets the EDP output, the other the (very) close
miced sound of the switch.
Then looking at the 2 channels in the audio editor gives you
a measurable latency (including the EDP latency, which is rather
small).
5mS is the kind of response time you're looking for.

>> When I first got the Gordius it had a problem in this
>> respect..
>> ...Xavier fixed it pretty quickly.
>>
>> You should ask that the firmware be updated to handle
>> simple
>> Note-On/Note-Off,.....essential if you want to use it to
>> play synth notes.
>>
>> Sometimes hardware creators only imagine their devices
>> being used for certain tasks. You don't need Note-on
>> to control a guitar rig, so the feature perhaps never got
>> tested.
>> That's why it's important for users to feedback about
>> their
>> experiences.. a good manufacturer will take it very
>> seriously.
>>
>> Is there a "liquid Foot" forum? or a Yahoo Group? ...there
>> should be.
>> andy
>

> Yes,ive been posting like crazy but hardly any responses,i
>dont think anybody is trying to do what im trying,as you say probably
>most are just sending PCs and CCs with it and it seems very geared towards
> the AXE FX which in fact also has a looper.
> I love the design of the unit though,it sits
>perfect on my pedalboard and the screen is beautiful,i just wish
>i had your midi knowledge to tell him what needs to be corrected because
>i dont think he knows the EDP at all...

It's rather simple what to tell him.
1) I need to program a switch so that on press, it sends a Note-On, and no
Note-Off.
2) When I release the switch it needs to send the corresponding Note-Off
(only).
3) A similar behaviour with CC would be acceptable.
4) I'm used to doing fast combinations of button presses, I've found that
commands
  get missed when I do that.