Re: OT: Prog Rock in 5 minutes ;-)

About a few months back, I'd written a send up, poking fun at Prog Rock.
Besides the fact that I am a closet Prog fan(not really a closet one if I
just admitted to it), I also have a sense of humor.  I wrote a paragraph
depicting a summary of what Prog was, and then made a list of like 40
things or more of what makes you Prog, kind of like Jeff Foxworthy's
version of you might be a Redneck if...  I laughed till I was crying for
two reasons, One, they hit the nail on the head about Prog, and two, they
covered about everything I had written and then some(and made it funnier).
 If you are interested, and if I can find the paragraph I wrote, I can
reproduce it here. But here were some examples:

You might be Prog if..

Even though your music is complex and mind boggling, your concerts are so
boring, that you require a dazzling light and laser show, flying
inflatable animals or mascots(Floyd and Maiden come to mind) or dancing
naked Amazon women(Hawkwind anyone?) to keep the audience from leaving
your shows well rested.

Your keyboardist has a Mellotron

If you dumb down your song arrangements, a 40 piece orchestra could play
them.

your band leader could very well be a cult leader, if he weren't your band
leader(Fripp)

your band has more sophisticated technology than the studio in which they
recorded.

That's all I have for now, thanks for that post.

Brian