RE: OT: Stranglers --> 6 Degrees... (was: Prog Rock in 5 minutes;-)

At 8:58 PM -0500 12/1/09, murkie wrote:
>I figured with the Fripp connection they'd be branded prog.  Isn't that
>automatic?

Well, if we start doing "guilt by association" then we're going to
end up with a whole world full of Prog artists, now aren't we?  ;)

Which actually gives me an idea....

I propose a game: The Six Degrees of Robert Fripp.

Like the 'Kevin Bacon' game, it presupposes every living (and a lot
of dead) musicians can be linked to Robert Fripp within six steps.

For instance, here's an easy one: Mike Oldfield.

Oldfield had a cover of his song "Family Man" recorded by Hall & Oates.
Daryll Hall's first solo album, Sacred Songs, was recorded/produced by
Fripp.

Two steps.

Any takers....?

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of