RE: re line M-9

"But at the lowest setting it still takes at least 5 overdub runs through the loop before the first recorded sound has completely faded out."
yes that is annoying, I have already suggested to them remedying that issue as well as making variable feedback work when in playback mode.  So far that hasn't happened,  but I do support Phil's ideas and I also know that line 6 generally will react if there is enough consensus on feature sets. Just bear in mind for everyone of us, there is another group of gear geeks who want  more flexibility in the filter effects or more realism in the distortions, or a whammy pedal effect (which they added)  or intelligent harmonizer (which they added) though I must admit I prefer non- scalic harmonizers (which it can also do), does that make me a Dumb Shift????   So it is a bit like herding cats getting manufacturers to make improvements and  our looping community is still a minority party when it comes to there customer base. More than a year ago they told me they were going to take a crack at a pro looper and what we got instead was a stripped down M-13 in the form of the M-9.  I believe they brought out the M-9 in response to people digging the M-13 but wishing for a smaller footprint and a lower price.  I'm kind of glad in a way as the new floor looperlative will be way cooler anyway.

 "as well as do reverse while dubbing(I think when I tried to do a reverse, it shut off overdub and went into play mode)."

Incidentally,   on the M-13, reverse ends record mode, but reverse does not end overdub mode, it simply switches direction while you are overdubbing. Is it different on the M-9?  I don't think so.
Bill