Re: Last Y2K Live Looping Festival? was: The Branding of Live Looping

echo'd, many kudos to Rick.  As I only got involved in this community and Y2K 3 years ago it will sadden me for Rick to depart from being the 'wing commander' as I recently put it but on the other side I totally understand that he is similiar age to I and time is limited and desires are great for his own creative muse so there has to come a choice.  I did the same thing with a label project a few years ago, not near as successful but clearly began to realize that I could either put time/resources in to bringing it alive and maybe helping other artists and myself together or I could focus more on my own path.  With limitations of time and finances I chose the latter at least for now.

I do see this departure though as a passing the torch within this collective so it will be good if Y2k can carry on.  On a level I'd like to do it but that contradicts everything I expressed above realistically and too I feel that my neck of the woods is not the best place for this kind of event, frankly CA remains the best to me.  Maybe there is a way we could have multiple curators/coordinators.

Lot's to think about.

Happy holidays to all...

Jim