Re: a simple airline security report and my humble travel strategy.

When I fly with gear, it's a drum machine and a large number of
pedals, usually wrapped in towels in a rolling suitcase. (Since the
equipment boxes are too large to pack so tightly.)

When I flew with gear earlier this year, I got stuck in TSA purgatory.
One agent was already checking out my first bag when the xray agent
called for an agent for the second bag. There wasn't a second agent
available. The first agent couldn't leave my already-open first bag to
collect my second bag. The x-ray agent couldn't bring it over without
leaving his station, and neither agent trusted me to carry the second
bag to the examination table. So we all stood there in suspended
animation (holding up the line) until a third agent came back from his
break.

Matt