Re: korg mini kaoss pad//missing old gear, my ibanez de7 delay

On Jan 7, 2010, at 6:49 PM, scott hansen wrote:

i got my korg mini-kaoss pad, and wow, its a fun little box. need to reconfigure my pedals, my area is a mess, i think i need to get some better smaller cables, but other than that, the mini-kp is a whacky-little techno device, was doing a lot of one handed playing of guitar and scrolling through presets and manipulating it-just some fun stuff, need to dive into it a bit more. i do notice some signal drop, actually my signal sounds cleaner-sort of removes my distorto guitar sounds, but i think i still need to configure it better.yes, memorizing the 100 presets will take some time, but it reminds me of the fun i had w/ my old alessis ineko-except that the mini-KP works (my ineko was semi-broken-no fun!)

s---

Scott,

I had a mini-KP and now a KP-3. With both units I get the best results by putting the unit in the effects loop of my POD X3 Pro and tweaking the send and return levels to get the same volume when I drop the effects loop in and out. Just takes a moment to dial it in. With that approach my signal is clean, much better for me than in line. I'm sure other folks have other configs that work great, too. This approach works for me. As always, your mileage may vary.

All the best,

Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com and links from there