Re: the death of the loop

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Nadia Salom <nadia.salom@gmx.de> wrote:
(Ableton Live, Looper)
> Normally if I click once than it should it
> start recording, and if I click a second time it should continue in
>playback
> modus. But instead sometimes it is undoing the latest recording and then
> going into playback. And sometimes it records while the pedal is down and
> then plays when the pedal is released. I am using a normal pedal that was
> connected to my e-piano as a sustain pedal....? Is it the wrong type of
> pedal...?

Sustain pedals can sometimes be analog, i.e. sending an electric
pulse. Better would be to use a pedal that sends MIDI. Some MIDI
pedals can send many MIDI events at one button press and when that
happens it is just random luck if the right event arrives frist to the
software. If another event arrives first something else, or nothing,
will happen.

You can use anything that sends MIDI if kicked, not necessarily a
dedicated pedalboard. I have an old MC303 here  with buttons big
enough to be used as pedals. An old drum machine of any kind would do
fine if you can stomp the buttons.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se