Thought Radio Playlist for April 24, 2010.

http://soundscapes.us/amfm/playlists/2010/100424.html

On this program, I continued the special on Sequences electronic music
magazine.  Each contemporary issue comes with a CD.  However, the early
issues came with a cassette.  The cassettes from issues one through
thirteen have been remastered and are now available on CDR in plastic
slip covers with artwork and track details.  Details are at:
http://sequencesmagazine.com

I also played music of Twynyllyngs and Technicolor Travel Agency who
will play at the Soundscapes Concert Series tonight.
http://soundscapes.us

I also played music by Robert Rich who will be at the Gatherings Concert
Series on May 1.
http://thegatherings.org

Phase I/Space:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Twyndyllyngs         Granular Space       Between Space and Time
                                            (electro-music.com)
VA [Tony Gunning]    Journey To Another   Sequences No. 9
                       Galaxy
VA [Keith            Shoal                Sequences No. 9
  Scarterfield]
VA [Rob Preston]     Missing Time         Sequences No. 9
Technicolor Travel   Earthbound           This Way Out (none)
  Agency
Robert Rich          translucent          ylang (Soundscape)
Robert Rich          electric ladder      electric ladder (Soundscape)

Phase II/Eclectic:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Michael Samson       A Still Motion       A Still Motion (Still Motion)
Paul Adams           Dreamtime            Heavens (Lake Front)
Daniel Bernard       Simone               Woodbox: Beats & Balladry
  Roumain                                   (Thirsty Ear)
Bobby McFerrin       Baby                 Vocabularies (Emarcy)

Phase III/Progressive Rock:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Trey Gunn            Contact              Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Flood                Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Spray I              Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Fall Time +/-        Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Fall Time -/+        Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Lumen                Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Switch               Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Daughter             Modulator (7d Media)
Trey Gunn            Pole                 Modulator (7d Media)
Genesis              Ripples              A Trick of the Tale (Atco)
Destiny?             Queen of Vajra Space Mystery (Unicorn)
Alan Morse           Cold Fusion *        Four O'clock and Hysteria
                                            (InsideOut)

 * = excerpt
++ = Advanced CDR from artist
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next show, I will continue the special on the sampler CDRs that
come with each issue of Sequences electronic music magazine.

Bill
Host of Thought Radio, the Saturday edition of The AM/FM Show every
other Saturday at 6:00 am EDT/UTC-4.
Phase 1: Electronic, ambient, and space music.
Phase 2: Mixed bag of acoustic, electric, pop, or New Age.
Phase 3: Progressive rock from past masters to contemporary releases.
Website - http://soundscapes.us/amfm
Listen to WMUH Allentown locally at 91.7 FM or on-line at
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh and click one of the LISTEN NOW links
at the top right corner of the page or go directly to:
rtsp://helix.muhlenberg.edu:554/broadcast/live.rm or
http://muhlenberg.edu/wmuh/WMUH.ram
post playlists or track airplay?  The progdj list solves that problem.

The progdj list is the place to go in order to see playlists and CD
and concert reviews by DJs of progressive rock-friendly radio
programs. Anyone interested in seeing playlists can join. There is NO
SPAM because I keep the spammers out before the members ever see any
hint of it.

The progdj list is for DJs (obviously!) and band members, record label
personnel, promoters, managers, and anyone else interested in seeing
what gets played on the air. Need to find who is playing prog on the
radio? Go to the progdj list.