Re: semi OT - Guitar Synths

A friend of mine has the Sonuus G2M monophonic unit. According to him
its not exactly plug in and play as it requires some dialing in of
parameters and fine tuning of the response for whatever soft synth you
wind up using. For me the fact that it's monophonic is a deal breaker,
though at the price it would be cool for someone wanting to get in to
sequence on a computer. I must say my Roland GR-30 is all but retired.
I've taken the gk-2's off my guitars and I still have  a flamenco
guitar equipped with an RMC pick-up which is the way to go for
acoustic pitch to midi. I always had the fantasy of playing solo nylon
string guitar with this lush string orchestra behind me, but I never
took the obvious step and invested in a really good sound engine like
a Kurzweil rack, today's equivalent being a mac pro running a really
good orchestral suite. Someday perhaps I'll go that route. I'm still
waiting for Roland to come out with a pro guitar sythn with a sound
engine and sequence capability that rivals their best keyboards. In
the latest Guitar Player magazine John Mclaughlin  makes a similar
comment to that effect.  until then, The world of signal processing is
infinite.
Bill