EDP troubles?

Hi,

A couple of EDP questions for you. I just got an EDP off the bay. It
arrived with one of the rack ears bent and something rattling around
inside. Also it came with Loop 3 instead of the latest version like
promised.

Kinda frustrating when this happens.

Here's what I don't recall from using an EDP in the past.

1.      I tried doing a bit of recording with it and the volume of a
recorded loop slowly fades to nothing after about a minute.

2.      Also clicking the Next Loop button doesn't do anything. No LEDs
light up.

Operator error or have a got a hardware problem?

Philip