Re: Software vs Hardware loopers

At YK2X, Im planning the best of both worlds... normal stompboxes, and laptop for looping.. if lappy goes down... I have enough glitchy, delayish, pitchy, filtery, pedals, that no one will notice anyway.. in fact... maybe Ill just leave the laptop at home?
In the same way that one MUST use Boss and the Boss competition,  do I HAVE to loop at YK2X?

Mark