Re: boss loop station announce

While I do think it's silly for them to call it a "World Championship"
(when only US residents can compete), but they do call it a "Loop
Station Contest" on their promo, rather than a "Loop Contest". The
"Boss Loop Contest" text is what they're having your post in your
videos, but that could be "(Boss Loop) Contest" as much as "Boss (Loop
Contest)".

I dunno - I see this thing as being more good than bad. At least it
shows that the manufacturer has an interest in its looping line of
products enough to promote them. I don't think it's in any company's
interest to promote a contest that allows a competitor's machines to
be used.

My local experimental music scene has a funny relationship with the
local newspapers. They complain that the local papers don't cover
experimental music enough. However, when one does write an article,
the boards light up with complaints of "you quoted me wrong", "you
didn't talk about this person/venue" or "you got the history all
wrong". If I was a writer, it would discourage me from writing about
experimental music scene.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com