] [Thread Prev
Re: new amazing hardware looper
jayrope LD schrieb:
> Hey list.
> I am a long time Lexicon Jamman user by today.
> I want to preserve ALL of those features, when thinking new hardware
And about the same time, Tom Swirley said:
"It is a sad day but I have decided that it's a bad idea to hang onto
gear that I don't use..."
Check against requirements:
- small size and weight, superior portability
a very short, but nevertheless 2HU rack unit, but can sit on the
table as well
- great sound (despite 12bit) in high volume situations (round & sexy,
never harsh or metallic)
- tolerable ground noise
depends - some of the Repeaters have a noise issue, others don't.
- no limit to minimum loop length (like rc-50's 1.5 seconds)
no problem with OS2
- instant looping
- very easy & stable midi master/slave operation
ok with OS2
- quality of components (no dust crackling, flawlessly working
connectors and foot switch after 15 years)
don't know, it doesn't exist for 15 years...
But i might also need
- several synchronous or asynchronous loops running
only 4 synchronous ones
- ability to store loops and transfer to computer
- pitching (without timestretching algorythms active) in tape mode, like
in boomerang (or more versatile)
both works (with and without timestretching)
- workable without large midi remote
- fade in/out options of already recorded phrases (as in rc-50)
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs