Re: EDP Stereo Looping Setup Dilemma

I thought the FCB1010 was designed to control their line of amps.

On Oct 4, 2010, at 3:38 PM, mark francombe wrote:

The FCB would certainly have saved me alot of time 15 years ago, when I had a rack full of effects and had to program them all to have the changes I needed on the same PGM numbers... if ONLY I could have programmed them all on the FCB...

But a recognised fault of the 1010 was to make it that ALL note numbers would be sent out on ONE preselected midi channel... if that could have been set on a PER PAD basis, alot of headaches could have been avoided...

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
Per sez:
> A typical mistake due to product designers not
> being in contact with real musicians.

While I don't know whether the product designers were in contact with
"real muscians" (whatever that means), it seems to me that the FCB1010
was designed with another main application in mind: that being
switching programs on a multitude of separate devices which do not
share PC mapping to application (e.g. songs). And a second main
application: controlling lots of stuff (e.g. with exp pedals) on one
specific device. And for both of those, it works quite ok.

          Rainer

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com