Re: making money off your music

What can we do about this apparent decline in appreciation of the live
musical arts? And what is the root cause, if any, of this?  It seems today
that the media and music industry is "conditioning" people to appreciate
immediate satisfaction, e-media, canned art.  People just want to download
music to load on their iPODS and run off and do their own independent
thing.
One could argue that the predecessor to this phenomenon was the advent of
radio.  There was a time when to listen to music you had to go to a
concert
hall, town hall, local pub, church, or make it at home with the family.
Then once radio came along, families could listen to  music and never
leave
the house...I think it was downhill from that point onward...just my
pessimistic view here, but that seemed like a start of a trend, moving
music
away from community settings to more private settings, thus precluding the
live art element.   So, the historical progression of decline would start
with the radio and then move to recorded media, and then finally to
downloadable media.   All that is left is to reproduce live concerts with
holographic video in the living rooms of listeners, and we are dead in the
water.   How many people in the world "really" care and value listeing to
live band, not in a club for dancing or drinking purposes, but a real
performance where the group is the center of attention and considered an
artistic performance?

Kris