Re: Leinhos, Peter is out of the office.

I’d come to Moracco to play at your looping café Mark!

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: Leinhos, Peter is out of the office.

Its hell when yer in and its hell when yer out...

I loved being a professional musician, touring was fabulous, all that sex and drugs, studio was cool, became a genius at Sonic the Hedgehog, Shooting videos was fun, cos that was my job, photoshoots.. cool as fuck... all those make-up girls and screaming queen assistants running about fetching me Lattés (before I knew what a latté was... ) But then the meetings... MEETINGS?? I hear you ask, yes... hours and hours of wingeing moaning band meetings, days and days of endless management/record company meetings... pushin, slowly pushing, in that very annoying kind of... "we love and stand by your thing its great" way for a hit.. or at least a track you could dance to... of hum along too would be just great guys... in the end theres none of your original band there... its just meetings and meetings, and getting up late and going to bed late... and pissing off your girlfriend cos you cant cook anymore, refusing to walk if you can get a taxi...
so then I was out... phew... breath of fresh air.. foreign fresh air infact... working.. in a job... it was GREAT!!!... playing at a few cellar bars and art galleries, where a few people still knew me, but I could well.. I could loop!!! In those days using 5 different delay pedals with hold functions, no synch.. oh and a vortex... Its was so easy, so simple... do a job for money... and play what the fucking hell you like!!! Again... after 13 years it was like a revelation!!!
After another 13 years.. well Im sick of working... should have gone for SOMETHING within music, as it is I built up a successful e-learning film company, but now I want out... HATE IT! HATE HATE HATE it... I tell my MD that people arn't turning up on time and are leaving early, then I realize that it mainly me... shit...
Now I have a kid, its more difficult to throw it all in and be skint again.. so Ill stick with the little bugger till he's 18...

Then Im off... wife can come if she wants... if she doesn.. then too bad... where? any-fucking-where... I might buy a cottage in a village in Morrocco I like next year.. so.. come my 60th birthday.,. youll find me there, maybe have little bar, or looping cafe.. any where without TV, without mobile phone coverage or without fucking Wifi...  and loop to my hearts content, in the warm evenings, with a beer in my hand, the only light coming from a faintly bluish glow of the softstep at my feet...

Mark