Re: Ricks Spotify link

Of course all this depends if 4chan decide to switch off the internet :)

Matt Stevens
www.mattstevensguitar.com

On 8 Dec 2010, at 11:06, andy butler wrote:

hi Matt,

Well, maybe it's better to compare Spotify to radio
rather than purchasable media.

How much do you get paid "per listener" from a radio show?

Or compare it to having a vid on YouTube.

One thing about Spotify that's nice is they tag completely unknown
artists onto the playlists.

The Spotify model is going to be the main way people listen (and watch)
in the future, I don't think that's avoidable. I only hope
that the "major labels" or some equivalent don't find
a way to dominate it.

Incidently, there was recently quite a boost to the number of people
listening to our music from the 2007 Norwich fest since October
I suspect this is mainly down to your "online promotional activities".

andy butler

Matt Stevens wrote:
This is true - I'd say that Spotify is a good music discovery platform but very bad for people who make a percentage of their living from downloads as people think that simply by listening via Spotify they have "paid" for the music. Spotify is great if you have a large catalogue of masters to create multiple income streams ie you are a major label. They win again.