Re: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

get this ... no driver issues pc or mac ... it works on all computers i have around (that's 2 pcs & 2 macs) ... in their top models (8 & 12 ins) conversion is top notch, using IIR filters.

http://echoaudio.com/

2010/12/13 Steve Uccello <stevebassbird@yahoo.com>
I use the old 'Firepod' by presonus-not really the greatest pre's but really affordable (like $300 for 8 channels) and if you have some simple tube pre-amp direct boxes (I use one by art) you can get good results-But I am actually thinking of upgrading to something nicer myself-( Presonus has a tube interface out that might be cool http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=51 ) so I'll keep my eyes on this thread for ideas-