Re: TouchOSC / Bidule / Plugins HELP...!

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:38 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> No, I didnt go there, I used my sharing name.

I finally got it working here! The Magic Trick was to type in the
network's IP address, rather then its sharing name, in TouchOSC. Weird
that that this should fix it for me, because both should actually work
according to the protocol.

I managed to right-click on faders in Numerology and do "Learn OSC".
However, there's presently a bug in Numerology that cripples this -
but this bug will soon be terminated.

Then I launched Logic on the Mac and the LogicTouch template on the
iPhone4, in TouchOSC. This combo works like a charm! Wow!!! On the
iPad there is a much more useful app that beats hardware like the
Lemur that is many times more expensive.

I think you really need an iPad to really take advance of OSC,
whatever application you intend to control. The reason for this
opinion is that the point in using a multi touch interface for hand
control is to be able to simultaneously wiggle at least two parameters
at the same time. Four if steering two index fingers inside two X/Y
vector grids.

I don't see much use of multi touch control surface use in live
looping though, because you usually play a source sound instrument
with your hands. That's why I'm looking more into foot controlled
multi pamater control options.

But I'd love to use an iPad to set up a modular pattern sequencing
improvisation system with Numerology. I think that is where TouchOSC
will excel.

Anyone in for building a Looper Cap with a downward antenna at front
holding an iPhone at a comfortable tonguing position? LOL  :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com