And now, the Future (was Re: the 60's)

Title: And now, the Future (was Re: the 60's)
On 12/23/10 1:42 PM, "Kevin Cheli-Colando" <billowhead@gmail.com> wrote:

I have recently begun to live my life by a piece of wisdom that Miles Davis delivered to me in a dream; We Define Our Own Location.  Things are better than they seem, things are worse than they seem.  Its up to each and every one of us to determine what any of it means to us and what we want to do with it.  And it seems to me that is true in every moment for every person in every decade.

Very nice, Kevin.  I like it.

I’ll take this as an opportunity to add one or two homilies myself.

    The first is an oft-repeated saying I love: “Nostalgia’s not history; it’s a drug.”

    Follow that up with a little out-of-context ‘Gang Of Four’: “There are no lessons in the past.”

So what are people listening to NOW?  What new stories are we making to carry ourselves forward into the next New Year?

          --m.