Re: Re: the 60's

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

The one thing that I do miss about it was the ,  of course, intrinsically naive, notion that we could
somehow change the world........we could eschew the dominant paradigm..........we could make a culture
that was less racist, less sexist, less ageist, less sizeist, etc., etc.

there was a feeling, artistically, that anything was possible and that, I believe is what led to the explosion
in creativity in music and fashion (as tacky as tie dye shirts are to me personally.....lol).

As usual, Hunter Thompson got it right:

"And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of old and evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

--Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas