Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

http://www.vintagesynth.com/timeline/

You can find EDP here too  :-)   BTW remarkably well done site!

2011/1/2 Jim W. <synchro1@gmail.com>
I have an EDP, Repeater, looperlative, & iPad.  I looped with 3 variable-speed Revox 1/2 track decks in the 70s. Played live in a dub/punk band using tons of tape delays & tape loop devices on stage and at the sound board into the 80s.  Since then, music creation has been at home & for my amusement.

For looping, I would purchase the lp-1.  But for overall usefulness, the iPad hands-down. My eyesight is degrading & the iPad is now my primary daily tool.

However, I'm not now & never have been a guitarist.  I play sitting down these days. I don't use foot pedals to control a looper with ease. I use a little midi knob box to control the lp-1 and the display of the looperlative is at my eye level and to the right.  I need to see the red & green lights clearly for what I'm playing. The midi box sits nicely on the top end of an Alesis Fusion 8. I have found some guitarist friends tend to prefer the EDP because the whole foot pedal experience is a critical component in their playing style & impacts their sound & approach.  My instruments are not very attached to the physicality of playing.

Tools are fun to talk about on a cold New Year Day. Only my opinions & no disrespect intended; Best wishes to all of you.

Jim W.

Why are we calling it an EDP?  I thought it was EPD for EchoPlexDeluxe?  To me, EDP is a synth company that made the Wasp & Gnat.

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Kenn Lowy <kennlowy@me.com> wrote:
You'll want both! The iPad is fast becoming a great musical tool. Of course there is that money issue of what you CAN buy vs. what you want to buy.

--
Petri Lahtinen
http://www.petrilahtinen.com