Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

Rick Walker wrote:
> I also wanted to add that another fascinating thing that the
> Looperlative does which is unique in the hardware world is the fact that
> you can connect to the Internet through an Ethernet port connecting a
> computer to the LP-1 to upgrade the instruments software.
>
> The LP-1  navigates to the latest software revision out,  downloads it
> and installs it
> within 30 seconds.

that's a totally brilliant feature, but be aware
that while you get the *latest* version by doing that
you don't currently get the latest *stable* version.

I strongly advise against it, for now anyway.

The LP1 also can connect to your computer (easiest through a router,
but not essential) and allow you to install any available
firmware version.
Current consensus is that 1.34c is the most stable,
with 1.37 being good for most users.

> If there is a strong consensus amongst users for either a new piece of
> software or a revision
> or fix of older software problems,  then Bob Amstadt (or Andy Butler)
> can work on it.
> Software revisions are free.

Outed! ;-)

right now Bob's looking at a major revision
which will fix the recent problems with stability associated with the
latest versions of the firmware.
That may take a while, but will be worth the wait.
Until then, any additions/fixes are 'pending'.

andy butler