10 years later and look what's happened

        Hi Loopers.

        My name is John M.  I was an active member of this site in the
late '90's through early 2000's until I sold everything in my looping set
up to afford a move out of a dead end town.  I have just rebuilt my rig
and am playing again.  Upon first glance it appears that not much has
changed, the site even looks pretty much exactly the same.  However, I
realize that so much has changed.  The most important and sadist change is
the loss of Kim Flint.  He was the most help to me back in those days of a
decade ago.  I actually emailed him 2 days ago not realizing that he has
moved on from our world.  I read his very cool story of the Porsche that
his Dad owned, sold, re-bought, and then gave to him.  Then I rejoined
Loopers Delight and saw a listing for a memorial t-shirt and from there I
figured out the sad news.

        Damn Kim, here's another soul that is missing you.  I'm so sorry
you had to leave so early.

        I am glad to notice that most of the Loopers Delight mailing list
appears to still have an interest in hardware loopers.  I was afraid that
Ableton and laptops would have permanently and completely taken over.

        I'm looking for a little bit of help with some sync issues.  I
would also like to learn about some opinions of the Grodius foot
controllers, both the FCB expander and the big little giant.  I'm
specifically wanting to find a gentleman by the name Andy Butler.  Xavier
over at Grodius told me he'd be the one to talk to.  But I would also like
to hear from other folks using a similar set up to mine.  Here are the
most relevant details....

MPC 1000
Echoplex Digital Pro + w/efc7 (#1 for guitar to it's own amp)
Echoplex Digital Pro + w/efc7 (#2 for Bass to it's own amp)
FCB1010
Alesis QSR
AdrenaLinn II
Novation SL37 ReMOTE

Besides the Bass and Guitar with EDP's going to their own separate amps,
all of the line level gear (MPC, QSR, AL2) are going into a small Mackie
Mixer and a pair of powered monitors.

        I'll leave it at that for now.  I could spend days combing through
the mailing list archives, but I'm hoping for something closer to an
actual human interaction with some other real people.  I don't need to
clog up the mailing list either, so if those who are interested in helping
me would prefer to take our conversation outside the list, that would be
fine.

Thanks sknahT

---John M.