Re: loop windowing in mobius

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> OK, But I can already see some advancements.
>
> 1) (code I can nick from something Per once gave me I think)
> Check What the current 8th setting is and skip to a bit of code that
>will do
> that (instead of just 16th)
>
> 2) Difine the 1´s and 2´s as a variables that change depending on how
>many
> times you hit the pedal.. cancelled and reset  by hitting any OTHER
>pedal.
>
> 3) (This I dont know) So that ONE hit will always loop the granule you
>are
> in right now, and continue FROM that point. (Instead of always starting
>at
> the start of the loop)

I suspect the code you have in mind are these two Shuffle This/That
scripts, pasted in below. I just want to put them up here as well so
anyone interested can follow the discussion. The idea was to get
something better than Loop Windowing on the EDP, since I never liked
having to truncate down the longer loop to a short snippet in order to
get Loop Windowing happening and I also often found it to be a bit too
much of randomness (sometime resulting in less good cut-outs - gave a
sour taste of "Cubase Interactive Phrase Synthesizer" ;-))  But I
admit I have not been able to find a musical use for these shuffle
scripts yet. I can't help thinking that Mobius UNDO does the job
equally well and with a lot less fuzz. I mean, you can even skip over
parts of your UNDO history - sort of "throw them into the bin". And
all by only two pedals in use... well maybe you need three: Undo,
Redo, Checkpoint.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com
www.looproom.com internet music hub

________________________________
!name Shuffle That

Wait cycle
if 8thsPerCycle = 16
Shuffle 16 9,u,u,u,13,u,u,u,5,u,u,u,1,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 64
Shuffle 32
9,u,u,u,13,u,u,u,29,u,u,u,1,u,u,u,17,u,u,u,25,u,u,u,5,u,u,u,21,u,u,u,5,u,u,u,1,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 9
Shuffle 9 5,u,u,u,u,1,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 36
Shuffle 9 5,u,u,u,u,1,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 10
Shuffle 10 5,u,u,u,u,1,u,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 40
Shuffle 20 10,u,u,u,u,1,u,u,u,u,15,u,u,u,u,5,u,u,u,u
endif
if 8thsPerCycle = 12
Shuffle 6 3,u,u,1,u,u
endif