Re: Stuttering time, gentlemen! (Re: another fun mobius script (andanother question!)

As a "manufacturer" I have mixed feelings about this.  Almost all
products have a dedicated support forum of some kind.  It is expected
by the users and it gives the manufacturer control over the content
so they can organize, edit, and possibly republish things in a different
form like, oh say a script library.

But product forums do tend to become "walled gardens" without much
information exchange about other products which can be helpful.  And
they tend to be focused on nuts and bolts rather how you might use
it to create something interesting.

I'm happy that people seem to be interested in Mobius discussion.
Such discussions have been happening for the past six years over
on the zonemobius list, it wasn't until I tried to move everyone
to a forum that things started leaking over here.  I'm not sure
what that means :)

I obviously can't control where people post, but here are some
suggestions.

If you have an "I'm a new user and I can't figure out where to plug
in the MIDI cable" kind of question, ask it on the forums since people
here are not likely to care.

At the other end of the spectrum, power user questions like "how does
latency compensation effect the timing of adjacent function statements
in scripts" or "why do I have a syntax error on this line", or really
any kind of "why doesn't this work" question belongs in the forum since
no one else cares.

But...things like "I wonder if Mobius can do X", or "check out this cool
technique" or "I published an interesting script", or really any kind
"hey look what I made!" post can certainly belong on LD as well as the forums.

Thanks,
Jeff