Re: EchoLoop vs mobius

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com>
wrote:
> At this point I have no desire to ever make Mobius a true EDP
> emulator.  The core will remain EDP-ish, but for several years I've
> been more interested in moving it in the direction of Ableton Live,
> with better support for "DJ" looping like pre-recorded clip triggering
> and MIDI sequences.

Wow! Sounds cool. It would be great if Mobius could host AU and VST
plugins: on each track pre loop as well as post loop and of course
also on the master output. I would gladly shell out the cash for
buying new third-party plugins needed to replace Mainstage's sound
design tools in order run such future standalone "Mobius Plugin Host"
application.

Personally I would rather see Mobius to grow closer to Numerology than
to Ableton Live. I just mentioned on the Mobius list that it would be
cool to have built-in global "dynamic control objects" like all kinds
of LFO, step sequencers etc. These should not send MIDI but simply
control data that can be "cabled" to affect any parameter in the app
(or to generate MIDI notes, if you are so inclined). A quick example:
Let's say you want a tremolo on track 1; right-click on the track
volume fader and chose "LFO, synced". A modular system for real-time
sampling and loop mangling that handles both audio signal path
addressing and dynamic control data for real-time processing (simply
chose a controller, target a parameter, set the value change range).

Do a search on You-Tube for Time Exile, his Reaktor builds are very
inspiring.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se