NAMM Reports

Well here is your LD intrepid reporter here at NAMM.

Six in the morning now, nine my time so no sleep for the wicked.

I am here with my son Cameron, we got cold up in the mountains and decided
to escape to LA. Everything expensive here but I had some cash tater-holed
away for a scuba cave diving trip this month but I drove my four wheeler
off a cliff and massively destroyed my left shoulder (three of four
rotator cuffs completely torn loose, surgery last thursday) so I figured
we would just do NAMM instead, a bit safer than cave diving anyway!

Cameron is a killer musician so its a fun dad/son adventure. He plays
cello, mandos, guitar, bass, whatever and is great singer songwriter at
19. He is a Bluegrass music major at ETSU, imagine that!!

We arrived yesterday, with no reservation, no car, no namm badges, just a
wing and a prayer which is the way I like it, with a mandolin and
mandocello in tow.

At the airport we just followed people with hairdoes that looked like
skunk skins or massive tattoes or jingly leather and metal and got a
shuttle to the convention center. The Hilton and Marriott are right next
to each other and right on site of the event, both with two stages in the
lobby for rapid fire band set turnovers.

We bit the bullet on price and got a room at the hilton, yikes$$$  but
savings on rent car and parking will make up for it, dont really need a
car except to get to the weed store (hint hint for you local ld'ers here
lol!!) so we are hunkered down.

Went over to the show with no passes and no plan and after having no luck
getting thru to any buddies that had a booth, just decided to join up and
buy badges, yikes$$ again!! Oh well our cash holding up so far!

Only had one hour in the exhibit hall, but we did find the LP booth and
saw lots of hot girls and other creatures.

Cam kept saying"dad is that guy famous?" and I would say no I think he
runs the keyboard deptartment at Sam Ash in Poughkipsie or somewhere, lots
of posers and costumers out here.

Looks really great so we will keep reporting.

Can you post pics to the list?

Your intrepid reporter,

Andy Owens
1-800-AndyOwens