Re: Is the new Stalin African-American?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Rainer Straschill
<moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:

>http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/01/15/laptops/index.html
> (via @ilovetypography on twitter).
>
> Any of you had experiences similar to those described in this article
>about
> DHS/TSA proceedings when entering the US (both for US citizens and
>others)?
>
> Sad to say, but the way this looks, this may require us all either to
>never
> enter the US again - or to go back to hardware loopers...

Oh, that's bad. Quite horrifying reading, that article.

Maybe in the future musicians like us can rent a laptop locally for a
gig since the trend seem to be that applications will be stored "in
the cloud" rather on the computer drive. I mean, with iLook licenses
and in-the-cloud apps it may take less than an hour to set up a
persons customized sophisticated live looping electronics system on
any empty computer. I don't believer hardware can ever replace
software for certain musical application.

Per