Re: Worth getting iPod touch for Live Looping only?

Andy and anyone else,

One reason people are so obsessed w/ iOS is that the products, both
software and hardware, are shipping now. While the Android community
is certainly working hard at it, the hardware options are much slimmer
when you consider that there isn't much to choose from OTHER than
Android PHONES. And the peripheral hardware developers have been all
over the iOS hardware much more than they have been looking at Android
hardware.

The iPod Touch isn't a phone (tho' with Skype it makes a damned good
substitute; used mine more in Europe than I did my T-Mob Android G1
phone!) and as a result there is no cost penalty in having one just
for music purposes.

Yes, there are hacking opportunities for the Android environment from
the software side, but you basically have to start with a phone from
the hardware side. The Samsung Galaxy Tablet offers the most potential
for this kind of thing, as it's form-factor is VERY compatible for a
physical interface/controller...but it's not cheap and you pretty much
have to buy it as a phone here in the States.

iOS=NOT ANOTHER PHONE (iPOD)
ANdroid=Pretty much ONLY a phone (Maybe a Galaxy Tablet, but twice the
price of  NEW iPod Touch!)

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin