a looping cover mashed

I've been using Mobius again and have done several pieces over the last week with it, for the ImprovFriday community.  One was real new territory for me, doing a vocal 'looped' cover of Marley's 'No Woman No Cry'.  I had been recently inspired by a version by a Swedish musician I found on YouTube named BaronK as well as my son playing the Foogies wonderful version of it a lot.

I did an a cappella version of it in Mobius using all the tracks and a couple of multiple loops within a track.  I posted it this weekend and independent of it another musician in the community, Shane W. Cadman, recorded a really nice sparse acoustic piano piece.  Steve Layton also of IF who often remixes and mashes some of each weekend's work into new pieces took our two works and created this version which I was quite taken by.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4250358/layton_cadman_goodin_-_no_woman_no_cry.mp3

Come check out ImprovFriday some weekend btw, think you will dig it.

Jim

--
From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds
from the sale of this CD will benefit JDRF International.  jimgoodinpeterthorn.bandcamp.com.

woodandwiremusic.wordpress.com