Re: rhythm sequencers software

thanx for all your input brothas
i got a loop gig coming up in feb from a sax player who likes the
stuff i do with looping,we ve done gigs in the past where he
improvises to my loops
but this time i really want to get groovy and make him sound good,this
is why i have been investigating all of this midi sync stuff since im
getting more and more offers to play this way,chill out trip hop kind
of stuff,which i did some time ago with my MPC1000 and EDP.
I havent been doing this stuff for a long time,for the past 3 years i
ve been doing acoustic guitar with some looping, so is kind of
exciting hooking up my roland synth,EDP,M9,adrenalinn and Digitech
sampler which i want to use to trigger one shot subliminal speech
samples with my foot.The digitech jamman Is not very exciting as a
looper but it has enormous memory to save samples and you can easily
scroll through them so since i dont have an MPC anymore why not use it
as a foot one shot sampler and put it into the EDP loop as i please;-)
I spend the whole day trying to decide if i should use mobius or the
EDP as masters to my adrenalinn drum box.Is just too bad that Mobius
midi sync functions dont really work as well as the EDPs,for ex. using
the midi out user start functions,this is where the EDP is still rock
solid if u wanna get groovy!
Im so glad i still have the EDP, this thing keeps amazing me,is still
so ahead,this baby is so tight and reliable in the midi sync
department and so advance in its looping capabilities that havent
really found anything that comes close to it
(as long as you remain mono;-)
Honestly im sort of giving up on the whole syncronized software thing
because even mainstage and ableton dont feel as natural for
spontaneous improv,there is latency and their built in  loopers are
just not as exciting as my EDP
and i realize the moment you start using host programs,vsts and all
that stuff you will have to sacrifice tight syncro rhythm to the
spontaneous manipulation features that the EDP has to offer.I hate the
feeling of having to watch out that things arent gonna crash or go out
of sync or be a slave the whole time!
if im gonna play with groovy machines they are gonna have to fuckin
follow me and not otherwise!
sorry for my rant but ive had it for today with this shit
i should be playing more guitar really...
Luis