Re: Compressor-Sustain Pedal Advice

On Feb 6, 2011, at 8:22 AM, William Walker wrote:

> Ok I'll say it, monster cables suck, our store stopped carrying them, I
>think they are so much hype and bs and the reality is they are poorly
>constructed and their oversized 1/4 barrels have a tendency to widen and
>loosen input jacks so that other cables end up being sloppy feeling in
>those same jacks.. They have an extra layer of foil sheilding which is
>fine until the foil starts to deteriorate and then they become
>microphonic and subject to handling noise. Monster cables are another
>example of cheap chinese manufacturer, great marketing and our collective
>stupidity. I have a few at home if any one wants them.

It was a tonal improvement over its predecessor, but I've worried about
what they may be doing to the jacks they are plugged into. What cables do
you like for your pedal board and from the guitar? (I was surprised to
find the Planet Waves cable kit had the same problem with overly large
plugs though nowhere near as severe as the Monster problem.)

Mark