Re: SoftStep vs 1010 vs Boss vs Gordius

Dustbunnies wrote:

> However, with the FC-300, you can send pretty much any type of MIDI event
> (PC, CC, Notes, MMC, NRPN, SysEx, and even
> nearly-useless-for-foot-controller data like poly-aftertouch, FWIW).  I'm
> just curious what data type -- Clock notwithstanding -- the Gordius is
>able
> to send that the FC-300 cannot?

The LG can send every possible midi command/data.
Including 14bit. from an expression pedal with a user
definable response curve.
It also has Gordius specific commands.

Delay. wait for so many mS.  Essential, as there's
plenty of gear that can't process midi fast enough
to keep up otherwise.

Synced delay.. to incoming midi or tap tempo.

Ramped commands...fades and sweeps.

Reconfig switches on the fly, e.g. bottom
row could select patches, then the top row
would be stomp boxes appropriate to the patch.

Random CC (with upper & lower limit)

...and other stuff I haven't checked out, mostly
  connected with the Axe-FX.

Also...
Configure you're banks in named song lists...great for
loopers because instead of using this for songs you
can set it up for different devices.

There's a default patch which loads with each "song" (if req).

Programmable response curve for

It has a screensaver.

..and it's the only midi controller with crazy stuff
that only a looper would want (my fault I'm afraid).

..and it's been checked for latency...don't buy
a controller that hasn't.

..and Xavier's the best tech support around,
not afraid to be on a mailing list with his buyers,
always helpful,
always open about how things are going,
never known to leave a problem unfixed..
...and phenomenally quick if he needs to that.

andy butler