Re: GR-55 offers some interesting effect processing control

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish the GR-55 would offer more than one VAP! ;-))  Hmm.... maybe it
> would be a no brainer for Xavier to implement a control for "value
> morphing" for the Gordius MIDI control pedalboard?

Sorry for spamming the list but I just read the Gorudius manual and found that it already can do this? It is called "ControlChange Sweeping" and explained on page 90.

Here's a short quote:

After correctly configuring the MIDI stream, a continuous stream or “sweep” of control messages will be transmitted when selecting the preset, starting with the specified ControlChange start value, ending with the specified end value, and sending all intermediate values between both. With this feature you can for instance slowly fade a parameter between 2 values.
The sweep functionality also has some built-in intelligence. If you define a rising sweep to be sent when activating an effect, and a falling sweep with the same ControlChange number when de- activating the effect, the 2 sweeps will be smartly joined together when the effect switching is done faster than the sweep itself. As soon as you deactivate the effect which still has a rising control sweep running, the sweep will be interrupted and the parameter value will start descending from the point it reached at that moment till the end value of the descending sweep.

Per