Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

Hi all

well, I don't share this opinion that mainstream is going downstream.

Actually, for the first time since early 90's, I'm listening to charts and
buying mainstream music again.
In the 90's I kind of got pissed off because the marketing scheme was so
obvious (put together boy group, 2 decent songs, rest crap...). But
mainstream performers seem quite vibrant and interesting nowadays. Think
Pink, Adele...
Songs like Cee-Los "Fuck You" (love the motown sound) wouldn't be possible
in the charts 8 years ago.
I also love the mainstream stuff produced by Max Martin (Katy Perry, Pink,
Kesha, Adam Lambert....).

So, for me, mainstream music is fun again.

Now, back to you Avangardists ;-)

best regards
Buzap