Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

A gross amount of popular culture has always been sh*t ala the Osmonds,
Reality TV, Jersey Shore etc.......
And most great cultural movements begin in the underground or
counter-culture. By the time they've enter the mainstream, they are
co-opted and divested of all meaning. I can't take credit for the last
sentence. I read Brian Eno saying something similar in some interview. All
of the big things of tomorrow are yet to be polluted moment occuring now
in the digital underground. I think that was the gist of B.E.'s
statements........