Boomerang III Setup for Guitar & Handsonic HPD10

Hi, all:

I received my new Boomerang III yesterday and encountered some difficulty setting up the device for a minimal config for looping. I have a Mackie mixer (ProFX12) and I was trying to route the Handsonic out to the input of the 'Rang using the FX Send. I wasn't getting any signal into the 'Rang. I thought the output was perhaps too weak so I tried the guitar out into the FX Send - still no dice - don't know what's going on there as I remembered using this config before. I then rigged my guitar right into the 'Rang to ensure the unit wasn't defective. It worked fine in that configuration. I need to spend more time today as I had to quit my endeavors.

One thing, though, has anyone else noticed the output of the Roland HPD-10 to be quiet? I turned the units volume almost all the way up and adjusted the Gain on the Mackie fairly high but the output through my amp/speaker rig stilll seems wimpy. I KNOW the mixer/amp/speakers can get LOUD with, say, output from my iMac running Logic. Do I need something to boost the output of the Handsonic?

Anyway, I think now I'm going to have to bring my switch into the mix to permanently have an input wired into the Boomerang and selective route whatever instrument to the 'Rang. Any good configuration ideas fro using the Boomerang?

Regards, Butch