Re: Total Improv

    Regarding total improv, for live performance, I tend to travel the
road of having a certain amount of pre planned strategies, and
malleable composition forms that I'm constantly rearranging,  though
I'll have points in a set where I have no preconception of what I will
play other than perhaps the knowledge that I'm using a particular
looping technique, or a particular instrument or tuning.   I've always
approached improvisation from the mindset that I am trying to play
thematically and compositionally,  so there are some self imposed
restrictions, but also room for complete catharsis:-).  I'm definitely
not the Eagles live :-)
Bill

  I was just thinking about Kim this morning when I read your post
Matthias ,feeling his absence,and  feeling remiss as I haven't reached
out to Violet  since shortly after the Loopfest.