Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

It's not just you Rick. I never would have thought I would have had the
nightmarish experience I did for buying a top of the line MBP. I bought
mine last April and I have only recently been able to use it productively.
I paid an extra 1000 bucks for a computer(compared to PC laptop)  that
took months of troubleshooting and sending it back to have a new one made,
to bugs with the i7 dual core processor and Logic/mainstage etc. I'm sure
most people have great experiences but mine was a hard lesson learned
..... that you pay for what you get doesn't really apply. I spent days,
upon hours, upon weeks on the phone with Apple, and email support as well.
How's that any different than having to tweak Windows for audio
performance? At least the PC has DPC latency checker and Latency Monitor
so there are programs to help get you there (real-time performance) and
diagnose problems. I have made all my purchase decisions since then to
make sure that I use an audio interface and plug-ins that work for both
platforms so I have a choice in the future when this laptop kicks the
bucket. I could save a grand and buy a bad ass microphone instead... and
I'm not sure if I want my 'audio only' computer to have an App store on
it:)

-Todd Matthews